Rosacea e glutine

« Older   Newer »

1. antos1989

Group

Status
    Un'altra testimonianza dal forum americano sulla connessione rosacea glutine: So now, here's my theory: rosacea *is* caused by SIBO. When you take antibiotics and kill off the bacteria, the rosacea will disappear for a while. But the reason it returns, and why SIBO was able to appear in the first place, is because gluten destroys your intestinal villi and their ability to absorb nutrients/keep things working as they should.

Another thing that I've read is that a gluten intolerance can lie dormant and then suddenly appear after food poisoning or a traumatic/stressful event. My rosacea/IBS came seemingly out of nowhere after I had a bad case of food poisoning around the age of 13/14. I now believe that a lifelong gluten intolerance destroyed my own villi and then allowed for SIBO to propagate.

After coming up with all of this I figured that I should put my theory to the test. I've been gluten free for 5 weeks now and can honestly say I've never felt better. I have noticed that a lot of the issues with IBS I had have started to go away: I'm no longer nauseous in the morning and I have a lot less gas. Although my permanent redness has yet to really disappear, my face no longer gets a deep flush when doing things like taking a shower. I also have more energy, don't feel fatigued, and am just generally happy with life. I've read through a number of celiac websites and learned that it can take months/years for your villi to return and intestines to get back in working order. But so far, I'm seeing things improve. And my guess is that over time the permanent redness will start to dissipate as well (it looks like it did for the author of that Gluten-Free Girl blog).

Anyways, I just felt like sharing. If my post piques your curiosity, do some reading on lupus and gluten intolerance -- there seems to be some overlap there.

12 replies since 1/7/2014, 16:52   4580 views